How We Began

Moved by God's expectation that His disciples return a profit of souls and seeing the need for a ministry that focuses on equipping people to personally participate in ministry, Robert Cowan, our current pastor, founded River of Life Biblical Fellowship.

We held our first worship service on June 7, 1992.  

The suffix “Biblical Fellowship” was chosen because we determined to base every aspect of the church on the Word of God.  Today, the Holy Bible continues to be the authority for all of our decisions.  

In April of 1996, River of Life Church of God in Christ, was born when we affiliated with the multinational denomination, Church of God in Christ, Inc., headquartered in Memphis Tennessee.   

River of Life held worship services at several locations before finding a home at its present location – 1430 Sunnydale Avenue, S. F. CA 94134 – in 2002.  River of Life's mandate is to expand Christ's Kingdom throughout our community.